2012 Western Open
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is preparing for the upcoming 2012 mountain bike race season and is pleased to be presenting the return of 'Western Open' BC Cup and Alberta series Downhill event. KHMR events team is focused on supporting the progression and development of downhill races and is confident that this race will be bigger and better than the great success we delivered in 2010 and 2011.
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort and SE Racing have scheduled the Western Open for AUGUST 5th, 2012. In the summer of 2009, KHMR was the host of Western Cup and set a staggering precedent for future circuit downhill races. This summer saw the Western Open grow to over 250 racers with nothing but positive feedback from racers and family alike. The re-worked Pioneer Race Course provided challenges to experienced racers and thrilled spectators. Moving with the momentum of this year's unique event, the 2012 race will embody similar course elements with the addition of further resort animation and secondary celebration events in the plaza along with host Brett Tippie.
Back for a second year is the Shimano Kids Race for kids 4-12yrs old. Registration is free! Sign up your child HERE
Get a jump on the competition, preview the 2012 course! 2012 Western Open Course Preview
• Kicking Horse Mountain Resort Mountain Bike Park, Golden, BC.
• 4,000ft of vertical lift access riding services by the Golden Eagle's Express Gondola.
• The park consists of 26 trails and has been constantly evolving and growing every summer.
• The region is no stranger to epic mountain bike events, with Golden being the home to Psychosis event on Mt 7
• After 10 years of operation the Psychosis race has come to a close and the Western Open intends to fill the void left by this event.
For complete race details, visit Western-Open.com